When planning a Disney vacation often times you will receive unsolicited advice from friends and family (sometimes even from complete strangers overhearing your conversation in the grocery line). One of the most common sentiments we hear being shared is “Don’t take your child to Disney until they are old enough to remember it.” While we are certain this is well intentioned advice, we wholeheartedly disagree! Let us tell you all the reasons why you do not need to wait until some benchmark age to take your kids to Disney:
1. Children under the age of 3 are FREE!! This includes everything from tickets to dining. We saved over $500 on tickets alone when we traveled with a 4 and 2 year old versus our next trip with a 5 and 3 year old.
2. Disney has so many wonderful rides for all ages. If there is no height restriction listed then any age can ride. Magic Kingdom theme park at Disney World and Disneyland Park at Disneyland both have over 20 rides your lap sitting baby can ride with you!
3. For rides with height restrictions Disney offers rider swap. This means no one has to miss out on any attractions, you can simply trade off on who stays back with your little one(s). This is all done as expediently as possible to avoid keeping the rest of your party waiting for you. No waiting in the standby queue for a second time!
4. Did you know Disney has Baby Care Centers located in each theme park? These amazing facilities offer private breastfeeding rooms, microwaves, refrigerators, changing stations, high chairs, child and adult sized seating, and even a shop where you can find any essential baby/tot items you may have forgotten. Oh and all in a comfortable air conditioned space!
5. All Disney resorts have complimentary pack n’ plays and bed rails available for request for your hotel room. If staying in a villa you may also have a high chair and washer and dryer in your room. Family suites and larger villas have full kitchens as well, and all other hotel rooms will have a beverage cooler or mini fridge.
Pro Tip: A good travel agent can help you determine the best accommodations for your family and your specific needs. They will be well versed in every option available to you, and can provide additional guidance from where to stay to how to best navigate the parks with young children. 6. Complimentary Disney transportation for resort guests accommodates strollers with ease. You do not even need to remove your child from their stroller when riding the monorail or the skyliner, just wheel right on and enjoy the ride.
7. Much of the Disney entertainment you will experience in the parks is perfect for littles. The parades/calvacades, the musicals, the shows, the characters. The list goes on. Disney is truly made for the young and the young at heart.
8. There are even special experiences ONLY you and your baby can enjoy. Like the first haircut package at Harmony Barbershop at Disney World where your little one will receive a haircut, a commemorative Mickey Ear hat, a keepsake lock of hair, and an official milestone certificate.
9. You can actually exceed the maximum capacity of a Disney resort room if one of your children is under the age of 3. This means if you are booking a hotel room with a max capacity of 4 people, you can have 4 people PLUS a child under the age of 3. This can provide big savings when the alternative would be booking an extra hotel room or a more expensive room with higher capacity.
10. It is true your baby will not remember their Disney World vacation, but YOU will. You will have these special memories forever, and while the memory may not stick for them you cannot discount the emotion you will experience at seeing the wonder on their little faces and the joy in their smiles. Magic like this does not need to be postponed because you are waiting for some perfect age. Every age is perfect at Disney!